Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Fort Gordon Marine Mud Challenge 2013
Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Fort Gordon, GA
The all new 4 mile course will be a challenging off-road route with more than 20 obstacles, a stream crossing, hills and of course MUD! Old clothes and shoes are recommended (hint: pockets will fill up and pants without draw strings will come off). Bringing a change of clothes is highly advised.
The competitive categories are reserved for athletes legitimately in it to win it that can run the entire course and complete every obstacle.
We will be registering by team this year. If you don't have your team together yet, you can still register and put TBD in the team members information.
The "Hard Corps" category is open to any team. All participants must wear boots and cargo style pants.
Every team will be timed using electronic timing.
Must be 13 years of age or older to enter and one team member must be over 18.
ALL PROCEEDS FROM THIS EVENT WILL DIRECTLY BENEFIT THE MARINES AND PROGRAMS FOR ALL SERVICE MEMBERS ON FORT GORDON. WE GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!
Also completely new in 2013, a miniature version of our course is available for the younger ones that don't want to miss out on the fun (ages 5-12). This "mini" Mud Challenge is for children ages 5-12. The course will be available for children to enjoy all day. Marines will be all along the course helping out but parents are welcome to usher their children along also. Please register your children online.
- Gate 1 and Gate 2 are the only gates available to people without DOD ID cards.
- All vehicle occupants over age 16 must show valid picture ID at Fort Gordon gates.
- To ensure a timely arrival at the event, please allow at least 30 minutes to enter Fort Gordon gates due to security procedures.
Become a fan and get up to the minute information about the Marine Mud Challenge on our Facebook page! It's a great way to find a teammate, get in touch with other participants, and check out some pictures from past events.
- All race participants registered prior to May 1, 2013 will receive an event t-shirt
- All participants will receive an event medal
- Top three teams in each competitive category will receive individual awards
- Top three competitive Hard Corps teams will be awarded a team trophy.
- Free parking in vicinity of race start
- Insurance will not be provided. The U.S. Army will not be held responsible for any damage, loss, or injury.
- Wash down and changing facilities will be available.
- Hotels are located 4 to 5 miles from Gate 1 on Gordon Highway, Bobby Jones Expressway and Jimmy Dyess Parkway.
- Award ceremony scheduled to be held at 11 AM for all those registering for a competitive category.
- All team members must complete all obstacles
- All team members must cross finish line together
- Water will be available during and after event.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.